I Finished the Sock Monkey…


I did it. Yesterday. It took me a while because of the handsewing that had to be done, but I did it. Finished. Fini. Complete-o. (That’s not a cool “finished” word in another language…unless you count my personal language.)

I said I would post about little “bumps in the road” I found in my sock monkey adventure as I sewed…but I didn’t really find any. Of course, if you try it out and have problems, comment! I’ll gladly help you fix the problem. ๐Ÿ™‚

But aside from a few things, I was okay. There were some pretty minor ones; but I just figured them out on my own pretty quickly…

  • The head. The instructions don’t actually tell you exactly how to do the head…so I basically stuffed the whole thing, then about 1 1/2 – 2 in. from the top of the potential head (the toe of the sock), I just squished it and moved the batting around until I could take an extra-strong thread and wrap it around enough times to make a neck. It was if I just took the top part and twisted and twisted it, until it was all scrunched in.
  • The legs and arms. For the rounded-ness at the end of the legs and arms, I just took a spool of thread and traced it partway around to form a rounded end…then when I sewed it, I just followed the pencil mark.

ย In case you can’t see, the stitching is the dotted line and the rest is the leg. The body would be on the bottom of the picture. ๐Ÿ™‚

If there’s anything else you don’t really get, you can comment and I’ll reply. ๐Ÿ™‚

Emily

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s